The Ideal Home Workout Space
Updated: Aug 17, 2021
Love It or Lose It
One of the greatest challenges of online fitness classes is often finding that perfect spot in your home to conduct a workout. In a perfect dream world, we could all just hire a team to come in and give us the workout space of our dreams! Hey, maybe it could happen one day right? But until then, it just takes a little creativity and flexibility of vision to find that perfect spot. We've seen bedrooms, home offices, kitchens, outdoor patios, garages, master bathrooms, and entryways over the course of our live-streams and they've all worked! We'd like to offer a few tips for scoping out the best place in your home.
The 5 Essentials
1. Good lighting. You'll want to make sure you can see what you're doing, and you can even add to the ambiance with colorful L.E.D. lights!
2. Proper ventilation. Turn on the A.C. or a fan, or be able to open a door or window if you're inside. Breathing is important!
3. A space clear of obstruction. You should be able to walk 2 steps in every direction and/or put a mat down without running into anything or tripping over something. If you do, push it far off to the side!
4. A hard, even surface. This is why bathrooms and kitchens can be an interestingly great place to workout! Carpet can be challenging, so if you must exercise on carpet, be aware of your movements so that you don't put strain on your joints.
5. YOU! Put on proper shoes, grab your streaming device, a towel, and a water, and enjoy your workout!
If you find yourself still struggling a little, reach out to us! We're happy to help brainstorm with you to get the best experience possible!